Registration and policy
Online registration for programs open as follows:
o Fall registration opens the first Tuesday in September,
o Winter registration opens the first Tuesday in December,
o Spring/Summer opens registration the first Tuesday in March
o Summer Camp opens registration the first Tuesday in January, and
o After School the first Tuesday in March
Click here for online registration
In-person registration opens at 2:00 p.m. at the Old Town Hall, 61 Main Street, on the day following online registration.
The Old Town Hall is open every Wednesday from 2:00 - 9:00 p.m. for registration as well as during regular program hours (with the exception of the Wednesday between Christmas and New Year when we are closed)
In-person registration is by personal cheque only.
All prices include HST where applicable.
Program fees will be pro-rated part way through the session if space is available, please inquire at info@ottawaeastCAG.ca. Fees can only be pro-rated for the number of classes remaining at the time of the request. A prorated fee cannot be applied retroactively.
If the course you wish to register for is full, please join our wait list by emailing email@example.com. You will only be contacted if a spot becomes available.
Five days before a class is scheduled to start, enrollment is reviewed. If the minimum number of required participants has not been met, the class will be cancelled. Participants will have the option of transferring to another class or receiving a 100% refund.
With camps and PD Days, enrollment is reviewed one full week prior to the scheduled to start date. Participants will be given one weeks’ notice if these programs are cancelled.
For all the above cancellations participants are contacted by email (if available)
On rare occasion, classes are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (illness, gym cancellation, weather etc). For last minute cancellations such as these we contact participants by phone. If CAG has to cancel a class we will offer a make up class if possible. No refunds are issued in lieu of a make up class. We do not call or email to remind participants about make up class dates, they are posted on the CAG website.
Participants may only attend the class for which they are registered, if you miss a class, making up in an alternate class is not permitted, nor can a refund be issued or someone else attend in your place. For participants who prefer flexibility, there are single class passes for most of our adult fitness programs.
Where an age range is indicated for a children's program, a child must be within the advertised age range by the last day of the program. We are sorry but children/youth under the age of 16 are not permitted to attend adult programs unless indicated in the program description.
We are unable to issue program credits.
All program dates are listed below each course outline. Please check program dates when you register and mark your calendar. We do not contact participants prior to the start of their classes or to notify of scheduled cancellations or end dates.
CAG supports access to its programming by offering fee assistance to families and individuals who are eligible. The purpose of the fee assistance policy is to reduce financial barriers to participation in programming offered by CAG and it is designed to ensure that any resident of Old Ottawa East has access to programming, regardless of his or her ability to pay. Please apply at Old Town Hall by completing the Financial Assistance Form. You must be a resident of Old Ottawa East to qualify and residents are eligible on a first come, first served basis.
Click here to view a list of streets defined as Old Ottawa East.
Each household is eligible for annual maximum fee assistance of up to $150.00. Applicants will be contacted by telephone regarding approval prior to the course start date.
Fee assistance clients are encouraged to pay what they can afford, but are expected to pay a minimum of 50% of the cost of any program or activity. This builds commitment, particularly as it relates to attendance. In situations where this contribution presents a barrier to participation the percentage can be reduced or waived.
CAG will provide financial subsidies for one (1) space in each program, two (2) in programs with more than 15 participants. The participant’s financial contribution should be paid prior to the start of the program. Residents must re-apply for financial assistance at the start of each new session.
All programs at the Old Town Hall unless otherwise stated. Old Town Hall is located at 61 Main Street, at the corner of Main and Hawthorne Avenue (just south of the Queensway underpass). Other sites for CAG programming include Brantwood Park and Brantwood Park field house, located adjacent to Onslow Crescent; Lady Evelyn Alternative School, located at 63 Evelyn Avenue; and Immaculata High School, located at 140 Main Street.
Winter - CAG follows the City of Ottawa weather policy of cancelling outdoor programs or events if the temperature is reported as below minus 25ºC (with wind chill), or in the event of rain or hail. Refunds are not offered for classes cancelled due to weather, though a make up class will be offered if possible. To find out if your program is cancelled due to weather, please check the front page of the CAG website on the day of their program.
Spring, Summer, Fall - CAG will run all outdoor programs rain or shine unless otherwise stated in the program description; programs will be cancelled in the event of lightening or thunderstorm at the time of the program. Due to the last minute nature of that decision we are unable to notify participants of such a decision, the decision will be made on the field.
All participant requested refunds will incur a $10 per course admin fee ($25 for camps)
Seasonal Program Refunds
Refunds requested prior to the program start date
- All refunds must be requested through the Old Town Hall Community Centre by completion of a Refund Request Form or by email to info@ottawaeastCAG.ca
- A full refund will be issued if a program is cancelled or rescheduled by CAG
- Refunds will be issued by the method in which payment was made within three weeks of the refund request
- Participants will only be contacted to confirm processing of refund if an email address was provided with the registration
Refunds requested after the program start date
- A prorated refund is available at any time on presentation of a medical certificate.
- No refunds are issued for weather cancellations or make up classes that participants cannot attend
- No refund will be issued if withdrawal from the program is after the start date and the withdrawal will take the class below the minimum registration number required to run that program
- If 50% or less of a program has elapsed, a prorated refund will be offered. The value of the refund will be prorated to the percentage of the unused programming units and will be based on the date of the refund request.
- If more than 50% of the program has elapsed, no refund will be offered.
After School Program Refunds
- Withdrawal from the program at anytime, including prior to the start of the program, will result in loss of deposit
- After the start of the program one month’s notice is required for withdrawal. If less than one month’s notice is provided, parents/guardians will be required to pay one month’s fees in lieu of notice.
- Partial refunds will not be issued for temporary absence from the program for any reason.
Summer Camp Refunds
- A prorated refund is available at any time on presentation of a medical certificate.
- Other refund requests are only accepted up until 2 full business days before the start of the camp
- Partial refunds will not be issued for temporary absence from the camp.
- All participant requested refunds from camp will incur a $25 per course admin fee
CAG respects your right to your personal privacy. We undertake to handle and store your personal information in a secure manner to protect it from unauthorized access or disclosure. We do not share information with other organizations nor do we sell customer lists.
- Run our course offerings.
- Make course changes and/or cancellations.
- Provide information for our programming and marketing decisions.
- To generate attendance statistics.
- Communicate with participants about upcoming registration / courses / promotions.
We use the information in our database to:
To promote our programs we occasionally take pictures of our programs in session. You will be asked to sign a waiver at registration. If you do not wish to have your photo taken, please let us know. Pictures taken are for CAG promotional purposes only and may be used on our website, in the Mainstreeter, the eUpdate or via social media
A $15.00 charge will be applied for N.S.F. cheques. Please note: cheques may be cashed up to four weeks after the program commences.
CAG reserves the right to change/substitute instructors.
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis; program spaces cannot be reserved in advance.
For more information, contact CAG Executive Director Carol Workun at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Brantwood field house 613-230-0076 or Old Town Hall at 613-627-0062.
Resources for Staff and Instructors
For expense reimbursement, CAG staff and instructors must fill out the expense claim form .