Registration and policy
CAG offers online registration as well as in-person registration.
Registration for Fall 2016 is now open. CLICK HERE to proceed to the secure online registration site.
After School 2016-17 Registration
CAG is pleased to announce that as of September 2016 we are operating the After School programs at Old Town Hall and Brantwood Park field house.
Both programs are currently full. Please add your name to the wait list by emailing info@ottawaeastCAG.ca. We will contact you if a spot(s) become available. Your child's spot is secured with a non-refundable deposit of one month's fees. The deposit will form your June 2017 payment if still in the program at that time.
In-person registration opens at 2:00 p.m. on the day following online registration by personal cheque only.
Old Town Hall, 61 Main Street
Office Hours: Wednesdays 2:00 - 9:00 p.m.,
For questions regarding programming or registration, the most effective way to reach us is by email to info@OttawaEastCAG.ca or alternatively please call 613-627-0062 and we will be happy to return your call during office hours.
All prices include HST where applicable. Program fees will be pro-rated where spaces are available upon request in most instances, please inquire at info@ottawaeastCAG.ca. A prorated fee is only available in person and cannot be adjusted retroactively.
If the course you wish to register for is full, please join our wait list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the Old Town Hall. If a spot becomes available or an additional session is added, you will be contacted. You will not be contacted if the extra class does not run.
Last minute registrations may be too late—the class may already have been cancelled, and participants disappointed.
Five business days before a class is scheduled to start, enrolment will be reviewed. If the minimum number of required participants has not been met, then the class will be cancelled. Participants will have the option of transferring to another class or receiving a 100% refund.
With full week camps and PD Days enrolement is reviewed two weeks before the scheduled to start date. Participants will be given two weeks’ notice if these programs are not to run.
On occasion, classes are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (illness, gym cancellation, weather etc). If CAG has to cancel a class we will offer a make up class if possible. No refunds are issued in lieu of a make up class.
The After School program is guaranteed to run.
Make up classes
Participants may only attend the class for which they are registered, if you miss a class, making up in an alternate class is not permitted, nor can a refund be issued or someone else attend in your place.
Where an age range is indicated for a childrens program, a child must be within the advertised age range by the last day of the class. We are sorry but children/youth under the age of 16 are not permitted to attend adult programs unless indicated in the program discription.
We are unable to issue program credits.
All program dates are listed below each course outline. Please check all program dates when you register and mark your calendar. We do not contact participants prior to the start of their classes or to notify of scheduled cancellations or end dates.
CAG supports access to its programming by offering fee assistance to families and individuals who are eligible. The purpose of the fee assistance policy is to reduce financial barriers to participation in programming offered by CAG and it is designed to ensure that any resident of Old Ottawa East has access to programming, regardless of his or her ability to pay. Please apply at Old Town Hall by completing the Financial Assistance Form. You must be a resident of Old Ottawa East to qualify and residents are eligible on a first come, first served basis.
Click here to view a list of streets defined as Old Ottawa East.
Each household is eligible for annual maximum fee assistance of up to $150.00. Applicants will be contacted by telephone regarding approval prior to the course start date.
Fee assistance clients are encouraged to pay what they can afford, but are expected to pay a minimum of 50% of the cost of any program or activity. This builds commitment, particularly as it relates to attendance. In situations where this contribution presents a barrier to participation the percentage can be reduced or waived.
CAG will provide financial subsidies for one (1) space in each program, two (2) in programs with more than 15 participants. The participant’s financial contribution should be paid prior to the start of the program. Residents must re-apply for subsidy assistance at the start of each new session.
All programs at the Old Town Hall unless otherwise stated. Old Town Hall is located at 61 Main Street, at the corner of Main and Hawthorne Avenue (just south of the Queensway underpass). Other sites for CAG programming include Brantwood Park and Brantwood Park field house, located adjacent to Onslow Crescent; Lady Evelyn Alternative School, located at 63 Evelyn Avenue; and Immaculata High School, located at 140 Main Street.
Winter - CAG follows the City of Ottawa weather policy of cancelling outdoor programs or events if the temperature is reported as below minus 25ºC (with wind chill), or in the event of rain or hail. Refunds are not offered for classes cancelled due to weather, though a make up class will be offered if possible. To find out if your program is cancelled due to weather, please check the front page of the website.
Spring, Summer, Fall - CAG will run all outdoor programs rain or shine unless otherwise stated in the program description; programs will be cancelled in the event of lightening or thunderstorm at the time of the program. Due to the last minute nature of that decision we are unable to notify participants of such a decision, the decision will be made on the field.
A $15.00 charge will be applied for N.S.F. cheques. Please note: cheques may be cashed up to four weeks after the program commences.
CAG reserves the right to change/substitute instructors.
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis; program spaces cannot be reserved in advance.
CAG Refund Policy
All participant requested refunds will incur a $10 per course admin fee ($25 for camps)
Seasonal Program Refunds
Refunds requested prior to the program start date
- All refunds must be requested through the Old Town Hall Community Centre by completion of a Refund Request Form or by email to info@ottawaeastCAG.ca
- A full refund will be issued if a program is cancelled or rescheduled by CAG
- Refunds will be issued by the method in which payment was made within three weeks of the refund request
- Participants will only be contacted to confirm processing of refund if an email address was provided with the registration
Refunds requested after the program start date
- A prorated refund is available at any time on presentation of a medical certificate.
- No refunds are issued for weather cancellations or make up classes that participants cannot attend
- No refund will be issued if withdrawal from the program is after the start date and the withdrawal will take the class below the minimum registration number required to run that program
- If 50% or less of a program has elapsed, a prorated refund will be offered. The value of the refund will be prorated to the percentage of the unused programming units and will be based on the date of the refund request.
- If more than 50% of the program has elapsed, no refund will be offered.
After School Program Refunds
- Withdrawal prior to the start of the program will result in loss of deposit
- After the start of the program one month’s notice is required for withdrawal. If less than one month’s notice is provided, parents/guardians will be required to pay one month’s fees in lieu of notice. In addition, withdrawal of the child from the program after the start of the program will result in a $25 admin fee.
- Partial refunds will not be issued for temporary absence from the program for any reason.
Summer Camp Refunds
- A prorated refund is available at any time on presentation of a medical certificate.
- Other refund requests are only accepted up until 2 full business days before the start of the camp
- Partial refunds will not be issued for temporary absence from the camp.
- All participant requested refunds from camp will incur a $25 per course admin fee
CAG respects your right to your personal privacy. We undertake to handle and store your personal information in a secure manner to protect it from unauthorized access or disclosure. We do not share information with other organizations nor do we sell customer lists.
We use the information in our database to:
- Run our course offerings.
- Make course changes and/or cancellations.
- Provide information for our programming and marketing decisions.
- To generate attendance statistics.
- Communicate with participants about upcoming registration / courses / promotions.
To promote our programs we like to take pictures of our programs in session. You will be asked to sign a waiver at registration. If you do not wish to have your photo taken, please let us know.
For more information, contact CAG at 613-230-0076 or Old Town Hall at 613-564-1078.
CAG electronic newsletter
To be sure to always receive the most up-to-date information on programming and details of registration dates, please subscribe to the Old Ottawa East eUpdate.
Resources for Staff and Instructors
For expense reimbursement, CAG staff and instructors must fill out the expense claim form .